Logitech Download Assistant is a software created by the Logitech team as it is used to detect new updates on Windows starts up. This allows you to automatically download and install new updates for your Logitech keyboards and mice.
However, this displays every time you start your computer and it is annoying for many users. Uninstalling and disabling this feature does not change anything about your keyboards and mice because it is only a utility for updates.
Method 1: Disabling Logitech Download Assistant in Startup
This is the simplest method to Disable Logitech Download Assistant Startup. Sometimes the application will get the startup option by default without letting you know.
You can disable the Logitech Download Assistant application for a startup from the Task Manager by following the steps below.
- Hold the Windows Key and Press R to open Run, now type “taskmgr” in the text box and click OK to open Task Manager
- Select the Startup tab and find the “Logitech Download Assistant“, right-click on it and select DisableDisabling the startup option in Task Manager
- Reboot and check if the LDA still pop up at startup or not.
Method 2: Disabling the Logitech Download Assistant in Settings
Many affected users have managed to fixed the issue by turning off the notifications for the Logitech Download Assistant in Windows settings.
You can also check your “Notifications & actions” in settings for Logitech Download Assistant, if the assistant is available there then turning off the notifications will stop showing this window for the user.
- Hold Windows Key and Press I to open up the Settings, then click on “System”
- Now open Notifications & actions and scroll down to check Logitech in the list
- If it’s listed then you can toggle Off the notifications
- Now you can check if the Logitech Download Assistant still appears or not.
If this option is not available in your settings, then the next method is the permanent fix for the appearance of the assistant window.
Method 3: Deleting the LogiLDA.dll file in System32
In this method, we will be deleting the LogiLDA.dll in the System32 folder to get rid of the Logitech Download Assistant window showing at startup.
The downside is that you will have to update your Logitech product manually in the future. The automatic update feature will not work.
- Open your File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Now locate the LogiLDA.dll in the following directory:C:\Windows\System32
- Right-click on the LogiLDA.dll file and click Delete
- Restart your system and the LDA window will not appear anymore.
I hope guys this article has helped you fixing Logitech Download Assistant Startup issue do hare this article with your friends and family members.